It’s a wrap on #Emmys2015 and it was a historic night. There were several funny, heartfelt, and memorable moments during the three hour telecast. Here are my top 5:
1. I am NOT a fashionista, but part of the joy of award season is the red carpet and the fashion. Here are a few of my favorite looks from last night. Taraji, Lorraine, Danielle and Teyonah all looked amazing.
2. One of the biggest winners of the night had nothing to do with #Emmys2015. Apple Music debuted a commercial that nearly broke the internet. Directed by Ava DuVernay, the clip features Taraji P. Henson and Kerry Washinging arriving at Mary J. Blige’s house for what seems like the best afternoon EVER!
3. I have loved Regina King literally forever. Back in 2012, the actress chatted with me and my Cinema in Noir co-hosts and it remains one of my favorite moments ever. It’s hard to beleive that Regina hadn’t previously been noominated for an Emmy. But her win last night was a definite highlight of the night.
4. Uzo Aduba slays in comedy, drama, and EVERYTHING in between. Last night she made history by winning an Emmy in the drama category, a year after winning in the comedy category for the same character. But it was her emotional speech that made the moment memorable for me.
5. And last but certainly not least, for the first time in the shows 67 year history, a black woman won for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series. Viola Davis won the award for her phenomenal work as Annalise Keating on the Shonda Rimes helmed series How to Get Away with Murder. In her rousing speech, Viola quoted Harriet Tubman, called out Hollywood’s diversity problem, and shared her moment with her sisters in entertainment. It was a truly magical moment.
Check it out:
What moments from #Emmys2015 make your top 5 list?